Thursday, January 2, 2014

put your mama face on


Being a young mom, looking good is pretty high up on the priority list. how I do this with a 7 month old is beyond me. Usually I sit on the floor in front of my big mirror, criss cross apple sauce style, and sit him in my lap. From there, he scoots, rolls, messes up my organized boxes, chews on brushes, mascaras, pretty much everything he can get his hands on...
My husband always tells me "Babe, you don't need makeup." or "You look better without it." typical hubby things... I go Natural on occasion, but every woman, ESPECIALLY post partum moms, want to look pretty. I'm seven months post partum and like most new mothers, I have my insecurities with my new, strange body.
Anyways! Let me start off by saying that I am not a make up artist, I'm not very good at it, my normal day I only wear foundation and mascara. Dont get me wrong, I try and try and practice over and over, but my makeup will never be anything out of the ordinary. My two year old cousin could probably do what I do. This blog is all about the average young mom, and I know a lot of average young moms suck as much as I do. Okay let's be real... I'm not THAT bad... well I will let you be the judge of that.
I always always ALWAYS start with a moisturized face before I apply any makeup.
Starting with a fresh face, I squirt my light foundation on the back of my hand, in this case I used Flower. I also squirt my face color match foundation right next to it. I use Urban Decay Naked, OBSESSED with this foundation. With the lighter foundation I form a triangle, under my eye, down the side of my nose, and up the the other side of my eye. I apply the Naked foundation all over my face and blend the two together. Using the lighter foundation in that triangle creates a highlight and brightens your face.

After my foundation is applied I take my bronzer and contour. From the top of your ear to the corner of your mouth, create a line about two inches long. This sculpts your face and makes your cheek bones really pop! The best thing about this bronzer is it makes your face smell like chocolate. YUM. After bronzer, I apply blush over the apples of my cheeks.

Using my Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay, I use the lightest color (strange), and apply all over my lid. Once that is all over, I use "Nooner" in my crease. And blend blend blend blend blend! BLEND. Once my shadow is applied, I use a liquid liner from sephora. Its in really weird looking pen, but let me tell you, I love this product. It is so easy to use. For mascara I use Benefit "They're Real." My lashes suck! Theyre so short and stubby and this mascara makes a huge difference.

After all this, pencling in my brows is a MUST. In one picture below you can see the dramatic difference between penciling them in and leaving them natural.

Once my face is complete, I touch up my face and set it with a translucent powder.
Below is my step by step transformation and some links to the products I use and a YoutTube video of my favorite make up artist in the online world!















http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=URBAN%20DECAY%20Naked%20Skin%20Weightless%20Ultra%20Definition%20Liquid%20Makeup%20P374830&skuId=1434919&productId=P374830&_requestid=3753

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SEPHORA%20COLLECTION%20Smart%20Liner%20P379325&skuId=1507532&productId=P379325&_requestid=3886

http://www.sephora.com/naked3-P384099?skuId=1573336

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=BENEFIT%20COSMETICS%20They're%20Real!%20Mascara%20P289307&skuId=1343938&productId=P289307&_requestid=4078

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=TOO%20FACED%20Milk%20Chocolate%20Soleil%20Light%2FMedium%20Matte%20Bronzer%20%20P309709&skuId=1511831&productId=P309709&_requestid=4167

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaclynhill1

No comments:

Post a Comment