Thursday, January 2, 2014

Rub a dub dub!



These are my baby bath time must-haves! I try to keep Milo's product as natural as I can. When he was first born we used Burt's Bees, I had the head to toe wash and the baby lotion. We ran out of the baby lotion so I went on the hunt for more. I was browsing at Target and decided to get the Burt's Bee's calming lotion. After using it, he broke out in hives all over his tummy. After that I switched to the Shea Moisture head to toe wash and I am absolutely in love with it. It's AH-MAZING. Unlike Burt's Bee's it's always 100% natural and chemical free, gluten free, paroben free, sulfate free, and phthalates free. It smells so good, too! The only down side is it isn't technically "tear free." Milo does this thing where he wipes his shampoo from his head down to his eyes, smart right? But it has never seemed to bother him before, his eyes don't even get red. Anyways, for his moisturizer after his bath I use coconut oil. Talk about a multi-purpose product. I cook with it, I use it for my hair, I use as a moisturizer for me and Milo. It's fabulous and CHEAP. this jar I have, I got at trader Joe's and it has lasted me months and is only half way empty. Now, I do keep the Baby Bee lotion in his diaper bag because, lets be honest, if we are out and about or at someone else's house, I don't always want a little grease monkey slathered in coconut oil, would you?
My two favorite things about both these products is I know they are 100% natural/organic and Milo wont be getting any weird chemicals soaking into his pretty olive skin. Not only are they both all natural, they smell delicious. The Shea Moisture isn't too overbearing but its just a little hint when you get close and snuggle on him. The coconut oil makes Milo smell like a little macaroon. Who doesn't love macaroons?
Below are some links where to find these products or info about them!

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/

No comments:

Post a Comment